Pls help...trouble resolving a particular domain

Jonathan de Boyne Pollard J.deBoynePollard at tesco.net
Fri Aug 15 23:34:46 UTC 2003

E> Your mail has been scanned by TMnet VirusWall.

No, it has not.

E> Also, there doesn't seem to be any SOA or NS records on both
E> the primary and secondary for this domain. Could this be the
E> problem?

No.  Lack of the "NS" resource record set will simply cause the "edu.my."
content DNS servers to be re-queried more often.  Lack of the "SOA" resource
record set will (most probably) increase the frequency with which the
"oum.edu.my." content DNS servers will be re-queried for negative responses
and empty resource record sets.

E> I've done a packet trace and have noticed that none of my
E> queries are being replied.

_This_ is the problem.  Your next stop is The Traceroute Zone.