Getting up and running - Please help

Fred Viles fv+abuse at nospam.epitools.com
Wed Aug 13 02:51:16 UTC 2003

"Don C. Weber" <fo_recon at sbcglobal.net> wrote in
news:bhc46g$mdr$1 at sf1.isc.org:

> Alright, I have tried everything that I can think of.  I am
> using the Public DNS at sao.granitecanyon.com for my dns but I
> just can't seem to configure it correctly.  This is my RR
>
> ***START****
> recon-yoga.com.   IN  NS ns1.granitecanyon.com.
> recon-yoga.com.   IN  NS ns2.granitecanyon.com.

Check the archives of soa.help at groups.google.com for threads
about delegating to NS3 instead of NS2.

> recon-yoga.com.   IN  RP fo_recon.sbcglobal.net. recon-yoga.com.
> recon-yoga.com    IN  TXT "Don C. Weber, Dallas, Tx"
> www.recon-yoga.com.    IN  A  65.65.93.161
> localhost              IN  A  127.0.0.1
> ***END****

When did you submit this data?  The version of your zone currently
loaded on the GC servers was apparently submitted Aug 2, and it
does not match what you show here.  There is no record named "www"
in the current zone data.  Instead of

www.recon-yoga.com.    IN  A  65.65.93.161

there is

recon-yoga.com.    IN  A  65.65.93.161

A typical configuration would be:

recon-yoga.com.    IN  A  65.65.93.161
www.recon-yoga.com.    IN  CNAME recon-yoga.com.

FYI, you should post questions about using GC to their private
newsgroup: <news://news.granitecanyon.com/soa.help>.

- Fred