New Zone Appears to Work but Can't be read

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Wed Sep 25 12:00:09 UTC 2002

	We have just made a new zone out of a domain that was
simply a mid-level domain in our main zone.  I wrote a new zone
file for that zone and named-checkzone seems to like it.

	I installed NS records in our main zone pointing queries
for this domain to the new zone.

	I then removed all MX, TXT, CNAME and A records from our
main zone and put them in the new zone and restarted everything.

	The new zone propagates to slave servers looking for it
but you can't do any queries against any of the addresses in it.

	What else should I check for!!?

	The mail zone and the new split-off zone are both running
on the same bind process.  I have a suspicion that this may have
something to do with the impass.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Center for Computing and Information Services Network Operations Group