How to use BIND in windows

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Tue Sep 24 00:05:37 UTC 2002

At 05:21 AM 9/21/02, zku wrote:
>I installed the bind in windows and configured the named.conf. And, added
>new zone file.
>
>I am able to start the bind service.

Is it running? Check in the task manager for named.

>I am able to dig/nslookup/host the domain specified in the zone.
>But, i can not ping the domain specified in the zone.

Is there an A record for that domain and did you configure your system
to query your BIND nameserver for the record? ping uses the nameserver
defined in the networks MMC/Control Panel.  Look at the output of
ipconfig/all to see what nameservers it's using.

Danny