Problem with Dynamic Update of SRV Record.

Nitin Khurana nkhurana at novell.com
Fri Sep 13 06:35:00 UTC 2002

Hi,
    I am facing a peculiar problem, I have a linux box which acts as a
nameserver for me, a solaris 8 box which is the client , the client
sends dynamic updates for SRV and TXT records to the nameserver. This
works perfectly fine but when I replace the client with a Linux 7.1 box,
the same dynamic update code fails giving a FORMAT ERROR.(returned by
res_send)
 I have made my own dynamic update packets being formed stuffing into a
character buffer and have taken care of all endian issues. The packet is
sent to the nameserver using res_send. Could you please give me any clue
as to what could be the reason behind this problem.

Regards,
Nitin Khurana.