Active Directory Integration

michael.wilkinson at twcable.com michael.wilkinson at twcable.com
Thu Oct 31 04:47:35 UTC 2002

Hi all,

We are in the process of moving our data center and there has been some
planning unbeknownst to us at the new facility
to migrate to Active Directory during the move... Since the busy bees
out there have been putting together a project plan
to do this and we have been concentrating on the move and implementing a
new finacials system we are totally not ready
for a meeting that has been called tomorrow where this will be jammed
down our throats.

Anyway, I am looking for any information, gotchas, ammunition, or
whatever so we can talk at least half way intelligently
in this meeting. Maybe just some key concepts and things to watch out
for as it relates to BIND integration, strategies to
consider, why it is a bad idea to fall back and migrate to Windows 2000
DDNS, etc...

Currently,  we use Cisco Network Registrar to manage out internal
namespace and BIND 9.2 for our externally. I don't
if we can continue to run split-brain with AD...

Thanks in advace,

Mike Wilkinson