newbie: how to delete the ns1 entry.

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Oct 18 22:50:51 UTC 2002

Sams wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a NS entry in my dn.serverzone file. Since my secondary DN server is
> changed how can I remose this NS entry.
> Can I had edit the db.serverzone file. ? or I have to use nsupdate tool? If,
> can someone give an example.?

If your zone is enabled for Dynamic Update, then you can use nsupdate to delete
that record.

If it is not enabled for Dynamic Update, then you'll need to manually edit the
file, increment the serial number of the zone, and then tell the nameserver to
reload the zone (the lazy way is to reload or restart the nameserver
completely).

- Kevin