DNS ISSUES WITH QWEST

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Thu Oct 17 04:25:34 UTC 2002

> Dear whomever,
>
> I have dns box setup and running
>
> IP= 65.221.79.32
>
> Nameservers:
>
> ns0.thecomputercorner.com
> ns1.thecomputercorner.com

	The point of registering multiple nameservers for a zone is to
	provide redunancy.  Using the same IP address for these two names
	does nothing to help redunancy.

> Here is my problem:
>
> Using this command:
>
> dig @205.171.3.65 secure.thecomputercorner.com a
> dig @205.171.3.65 freemail.thecomputercorner.com a
> dig @205.171.3.65 buy.thecomputercorner.com a
> dig @205.171.3.65 phpsys.thecomputercorner.com a
> dig @205.171.3.65 freemail.ohioisonline.com a
> dig @205.171.3.65 phpsys.ohioisonline.com a
>
> Sometimes one works and the other doesn't or neither work or all
> sorts of wierd stuff.
>
> What I do know:
>
> Same registration company
> Same Web Server
> Same Zones (we have been trying to change stuff so the attached zones
> for both domains may be a little off but still don't work)
> Same DNS box and everything is identical
> (AND REMEMBER IT WORKS EVERYWHERE ELSE EXCEPT WITH THIS DNS BOX FROM
> QWEST)

	You are lucky that it works anywhere.

	You don't have address records for ns0.thecomputercorner.com or
	ns1.thecomputercorner.com in the zone below.  You need to add the
	missing address records.

	Mark

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org