how to change the save path of named.run

magiciq_pop3.concepts.nl magiciq at noordbrabant.net
Wed Nov 20 11:11:49 UTC 2002

Hi Kevin,

You are right, in our /etc/named.conf under option --> directory
the path is /etc/named.data.
But what happens if I change it to /var/tmp or where ever.
Should the DNS still can resolve names?? because all db.x.x.x file are located
under /etc/named.data.

Since we have a up and running system, I must be sure before I change the
configuration.

Please let me know,

John