Can I make it simpler?

dbotham at edeltacom.com dbotham at edeltacom.com
Wed May 15 13:05:30 UTC 2002

|         |           Paul Littlefield   |
|         |           <paul.littlefield at b|
|         |           igfoot.com>        |
|         |           05/15/2002 03:37 AM|
  |       To:       dbotham at edeltacom.com                                                                                        |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: Can I make it simpler?                                                                                   |

Hi

Thanks for replying.

Apologies but my example wasn't very good.
What I actually meant to wrote was something like...

first.test.co.uk.       IN      A       192.168.0.9
second.website.com.       IN      A       192.168.0.9
third.website.org.       IN      A       192.168.0.9

where all the test website domain names are quite different.

Can I setup a zone for all my locally run websites, instead of creating a
separate zone for each one?

No,  If the domains are different, then, the Zones are different. You may
want to write a perl script to handle zone creation.

Thanks for your help!

         PAULLY