MX Record

dbotham at edeltacom.com dbotham at edeltacom.com
Fri May 10 12:40:03 UTC 2002

1.  rtfm for sendmail (or what ever mail program you are using), it will
tell you how to configure your mail server to listen on a differennt port.
Regardless, DNS has nothing to do with "what port your mail server listens
on".

2.  If you are interested in stopping others from using your mail servers
as a relay, changing the port it listens on is not the answer.  Continue
rtfm for your mail program and find the sections on Relay and Anit Spam.

You have probably fiugred out by this time that your post was way off
subject for this list...

David

|         |           "OSC"            |
|         |           <ohsc99 at hotmail.c|
|         |           om>              |
|         |           bind-users-bounce|
|         |           @isc.org         |
|         |           05/08/2002 12:18 |
|         |           "OSC"            |
  |       To:       comp-protocols-dns-bind at isc.org                                                                              |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  MX Record                                                                                                    |

Hi,

I would like to configure my SMTP to use other port other than 25. Anyone
any idea how that can be done.

This is to help to filter crooks who try to use my SMTP to sent emails.
Thanks in advance.

OSC