Internal and external zone with same name

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri May 3 18:44:26 UTC 2002

In article <aaueub$1j0r$1 at isrv4.isc.org>, E N  <wigno at libero.it> wrote:
>How i can tell to the internal dns server to forward the query for
>www.abc.com?.

Put the following in the internal server's named.conf file:

zone "www.abc.com" {
  type forward;
  forwarders { <address of external server>; };
};

Although if it's just for this one DNS entry, it would probably be simpler
to just copy the A record into the zone on the internal DNS server.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA