Bind 9 installed but still Bind8

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Thu May 2 16:10:48 UTC 2002

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 05:02:49AM -0700, Stefan Matamoros wrote:
> I installed Bind9 on Solaris 8 but it uses still Bind8 instead
> of Bind9.How can I invoke Bind9 at Startup?
> Where can I start Bind9,with named??I´m quite new to this Unix World!

Either you did not stop 'named' and re-start it, or you did not modify
the appropriate shell command script in /etc/init.d [or possibly in
/sbin/init.d] to call the new 'named'.  Where was the old 'named'
located?  Where did you install the new 'named'?  Change the
appropriate script, to reflect the location of the new one, unless you
installed the new one right over the old one.

"Appropriate" script may be named "named", or it may be named "netinit"
if Sun hasn't reformed its bad ways.  Be sure to use RCS or SCCS to
track any changes you make, especially in vital system files like this,
and test before re-booting.

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B