Why Bind searches two times before answearing?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Mar 26 02:11:33 UTC 2002

Well, you say your forwarder "works great when directly contacted", but
the symptoms you describe sound more like the forwarder is taking too
long to answer the queries. What happens if you query the forwarder
directly from your nameserver? Is the response time reasonable? This
should mimic exactly what your nameserver is doing when resolving queries
for its clients.

- Kevin