Strange Symptom from Bind-9.1.3 server

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Tue Mar 19 17:33:02 UTC 2002

	Thank you!  It took me a while, but I reached the same
conclusion.  I totally missed the problem with the SOA
information at the bottom of the dig output.

	I still wonder why so many other sites seem to not choke
on this domain.  Again, thanks.

	Today, our slave dns stopped resolving the same domain.
I killed and restarted it and the domain came back only to have
our primary stop resolving it again.  that's when I did another
dig and paid closer attention to EVERYTHING besides the lookup
itself.  The record in question has a TTL of 86400 which is about
as long as it seems to last before defibrillation is needed.:-)

Martin McCormick