propagation for .com tld

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Fri Mar 15 06:32:15 UTC 2002

> I was sure this was a FAQ, but google didn't yield an answer...
>
> What's the propagation procedure for .com?  I see that the tld servers
> are the thirteen servers [a-m].gtld-servers.net.  When I query these
> servers for information that the registrar supposedly uploaded over
> a week ago, I don't see the updated records.  But there are other
> servers, [n-z].gtld-servers.net, which are not listed as authoritative
> but they do have the updated records.  Are changes made to [n-z] and
> then later to [a-m]?
>
> --
> Mike Mondy

	The registrars update the registry database.  The registry
	generates the com zone file from the database twice daily.
	This is then loaded onto a server and the rest of the servers
	transfer the zone from it.

	If the information has not been updated speak to your registar.

	B.T.W. [n-z].gtld-servers.net don't exist.  Take a closer
	look at the answers you think are coming from theses servers.
	They are most probably coming from your server.

	Mark

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org