limit to number of zone-files

bind at i-p-d.nl bind at i-p-d.nl
Mon Jun 17 08:42:48 UTC 2002

Hi,

Lately I have been experiencing problems with one of our
nameservers. On the console one time I catched some messages
about something "truncated" (sorry I don't have the exact message)
and it is swapping like crazy untill it becomes unresponsive. This
usually happens around 7.00 GMT. Rebooting the nameserver
helps, but isn't my idea of a fix :)

setup is FreeBSD 4.6-RC, bind  8.3.2-T1B. There are about 1030
zonefiles.

Could this have anything to do with the " limit files set to fdlimit
(1024) "-message I have been getting since upgrading to 8.3.x?

Anybody know how I can get the console-messages into a log? At
the moment, I don't have immediate access to the console.

Any pointers where to look for the problem and fix it are appreciated.

Kind regards,
chem