Name Server Registration

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Sun Jun 2 23:50:27 UTC 2002

> Out of interest how does one actually maintain the glue record/update the par
> ent zone?

	You send updates to the parent zone when the data changes.
	e.g.
		The names of the name servers change.
		The addresses of the name servers change.

> Would it be as simple (hah!!) as in this case ( a .com) altering the nameserv
> er
> registration details with netsol and allowing that information to propigate?

	If netsol is your registrar the wise you contact the registrar
	for the zone the host lives in.  You can query the registry's
	database to find out the registrar.

	e.g.
		whois -h www.internic.net ISC.ORG

> And if so, in the case of TLDs not managed by Netsol (e.g. .co.uk) how would
> one do this?

	You contact the registry / registrar for co.uk.

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org