RNDC major problem (need help)

Eric Allard bind_ml at telusquebec.net
Tue Jul 23 14:42:42 UTC 2002

Need help!

I just upgrade my slave dns server from the version 8.3.1 to 9.2.1 that
I use with a master server using bind version 8.3.1. When I try the
command "rndc dumdb" on my slave server, I don't get any answers and
the process is not responding and the named does't answer during this
time. I have to kill the process "kill -9 'cat /var/run/named.pid'" and
restart the process to get back my dns answering. We are ISP with
about 2000 zones and know that we certainly have a big cache.

What is the problems?
How can I solved that?

Any hints will be apreciated!

Thank you very much!