WG: RNDC with BIND 9.2.1 under Win2K

"Müller, Ralph" Ralph.Mueller at sdm.de
Sun Jul 21 11:43:19 UTC 2002

Hi Danny,

I'm not quit sure about rndc. The only thing I need is a normal
DNS-forwarding. I found several informations in the web about BIND 8x NT
with some control panels. In the BIND 9x version I do not find these.

What des rndc and named do and witch conf-file is therefore needed. Is there
an example somewhere who to configure my easy problem on an NT and XP box?

Ralph

At 08:53 PM 7/19/02, Ralph wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I got the same error and I'm not so used in configuring servers. Steve
>can You please post all of your conf-files to give me an idea who to
>configure my system for a only forwarding dns-server ?

Configuring forwarding dns-servers has nothing to do with rndc.  If you
are trying to set up rndc, just run the rndc-confgen binary and paste the
screen output into the named.conf file.

Was there something I missed?

Danny