DDNS and DHCP errors

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 9 10:41:08 UTC 2002

This of any use?

http://ops.ietf.org/dns/dynupd/secure-ddns-howto.html

Prerequistes are tested before permissions, which could help
explain why the forward zones fails with a pre-req before the
reverse fails with a permission problem.

In a quick attempt here to reproduce this with the latest
greatest dhcpd from ISC I hit what looks like a bug in finding
the primary name server for reverse domains!?

So I suggest using a primary in the dhcpd zone statement if you
get "not a zone" errors after following the above document.
Maybe something like this.

zone 0.0.10.in-addr.arpa {
 primary 127.0.0.1;
 key whatever. ;
}

Anyone here happen to know if this is a known bug?

Zone is "1.168.192.in-addr.arpa". The zone cut code, like most
of the dhcpd code, leaves me behind completely.