static /dynamic for same domain

Schelstraete Bart bschelst at bru-hub.dhl.com
Tue Jan 29 12:22:33 UTC 2002

Hello,

I have a  question about BIND 8.1.2
We are using BIND 8.1.2 for static and dynamic IP address in our domain.
We heve ip-ranges were we only accept dynamic updates, and we have
ip-ranges were we only accept static ip-address...;but they belong to
the same domain.
For example:
        dynamic ip:            10.8.25.3                    name:
pc1.test.com
        static ip:                 10.8.20.2                    name:
 pc2.test.com

I don't have any problems adding records to the reverse ranges, but I
have some problems adding static names to the 'test.com' domain.
and this because test.com (for example. db.test.com)  is a mix of static
and dynamic IP address/names.

I can add IP/names to the test.com domain with the nsupdate tool, but
the problem is that also the static IP-addresses /names dissapear after
a while (TTL).
(for example:                  nsupdate > update add pc2.test.com 3600
IN A 10.8.20.2 )

Do somewhone knows how I can fixt that, so that BIND doesn't remove the
static IP-address/names ?

regards,

        Bart

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature