Zone transfer 9.1.0 ==> 4.9.3

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Jan 23 22:45:07 UTC 2002

> Hi,
>

> I'm having a problem with my ISP.
> I'm running succesfully a Primary DNS BIND 9.1.0 (on linux) but my ISP has

	BIND 9.1.0 is well past its "use by" date.  There have been three
	bug fix releases for 9.1 since 9.1.0 and one feature release 9.2.0.

> an old 4.9.3

	This is a good indication that you should change ISPs.  If your
	ISP is running a nameserver version that has know security exploits
	what else are they doing wrong?

> He said me he was not able to make zone transfer with me for a not well
> specified GENERAL ERROR.
> I succesful trasferred my zones with a WINDOWN 2000 DNS, another BIND 9.2.0
> and the DNS servers of WWW.SECONDARY.COM
> There are no problems of zone transfer authorization or firewalling.
> Do you thnk that 4.9.3 is unable to do zone transfer with this release??

	server 1.2.3.4 {
		transfer-format one-answer;
	};

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org