DDNS and BIND

Joseph Begumisa begj at cfi.co.ug
Mon Jan 21 13:41:21 UTC 2002

> I have Solaris8, BIND 8.2.2-P5 and and DHCP 3.0 on a SUN Server.
you should think of upgrading your BIND to 8.3.0-REL.

> How can I prevent the growth of the named.??.ixfr files?
> Is there an option to delimit or to recycle these files?

try this:

options	{ max-ixfr-log-size 40; }; where 40 is a number depending on what
you want.  However, the man page for named.conf (8.3.0-REL) says that it
will be used in a future release to limit the size of the ixfr transaction
log but it appears to work in that release.

Joseph.