BIND 8.3.0 installation question

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Tue Jan 15 03:27:30 UTC 2002

> Hi all,
>
> I upgrading from BIND 8.2.3 version to 8.3.0,  O.S is Solaris 8 and I've
> installed it correctly, everything seems to be right, but when I run ndc
> status this is what I get at the last line
>
>     server is initialising itself

	All this means is that the server has sent the root servers a
	query for the root NS RRset and it hasn't yet received a
	response.

	The server can still server data that it is authoritative for
	and depending upon the cache contents (and authoritative data
	it is serving) answer some queries that require recursive
	service.

	Mark

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org