QIP?

McNutt, Justin M. McNuttJ at missouri.edu
Thu Jan 10 03:09:53 UTC 2002

The only trouble we've had with QIP is their lackluster support for Linux.
That said, we've been using QIP on NT since version 3.x and are pretty
pleased with it.  You have your choice of several DNS daemons (we stuck with
BIND), and as someone else pointed out, it ties together DHCP management,
reports, etc. etc.  It's an IP management tool, not just a pretty
configurator.

It has its quirks, to be sure, but the database back end has quite a few
advantages once you start making use of the stock query scripts that come
with it.

--J