Fw: Please be gentle

ComCity mikeb at comcity.com
Fri Jan 4 22:23:01 UTC 2002

Peter Håkanson said:
> > First question:  Does anyone know why this could be occurring?
>
> You _might_ be the target of an attack.

Umm, that's what I think as well.  An attack, you think, that could be
solved by upgrading the nameserver?  I was also thinking possibly a Trojan
as well...but how would I go about finding that?  AntiVirus software isn't
finding anything....nor would I expect it to if the Trojan is fully invoked.
TCP port 53 is fine for the first few minutes after the server is rebooted.
The ports related to PCAnywhere also seem affected after a few minutes.

> Why settle with less when you can download bind-9 for windows free ?
> ftp.isc.org is the place ..

I didn't see that 9 was available compiled...but I did fine 8...thanks.