8.3.1 won't compile on DEC UNIX (Compaq Tru64)

gschmid at notes.cc.sunysb.edu gschmid at notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Wed Feb 27 15:24:49 UTC 2002

The INSTALL file in the 8.3.1 kit says that DEC UNIX V5
is one of the "Systems that it is known to compile and run on".

Yet I get the errors below on DEC UNIX V5.1A.
All previous BIND 8's built without a problem in the past.
I'm using the stock O/S compiler, and no flags on the
'configure' step.

Has anyone built 8.3.1 on a DEC UNIX (Compaq Tru64)
V5.1A box, or is the INSTALL file wrong?

Thanks a lot.

cc -std -I../../port/decunix/include -I../../include -g2 -O1 -Olimit 2000
-pthread -c herror.c  -o threaded/herror.o
cc: Warning: ../../include/netgroup.h, line 4: In this declaration,
parameter 1 has a different type than specified in an earlier declaration
of this function. (mismatparam)
int getnetgrent(const char **machinep, const char **userp,
----^
cc: Error: ../../include/netgroup.h, line 4: In this declaration, the type
of "getnetgrent" is not compatible with the type of a previous declaration
of "getnetgrent" at line number 703 in file /usr/include/unistd.h.
(notcompat)
int getnetgrent(const char **machinep, const char **userp,
----^
cc: Warning: ../../include/netgroup.h, line 10: In this declaration,
parameter 1 has a different type than specified in an earlier declaration
of this function. (mismatparam)
void setnetgrent(const char *netgroup);
-----^
cc: Error: ../../include/netgroup.h, line 10: In this declaration, the type
of "setnetgrent" is not compatible with the type of a previous declaration
of "setnetgrent" at line number 721 in file /usr/include/unistd.h.
(notcompat)
void setnetgrent(const char *netgroup);
-----^
cc: Warning: ../../include/netgroup.h, line 14: In this declaration,
parameter 1 has a different type than specified in an earlier declaration
of this function. (mismatparam)
int innetgr(const char *netgroup, const char *machine,
----^
cc: Error: ../../include/netgroup.h, line 14: In this declaration, the type
of "innetgr" is not compatible with the type of a previous declaration of
"innetgr" at line number 704 in file /usr/include/unistd.h. (notcompat)
int innetgr(const char *netgroup, const char *machine,
----^
*** Exit 1
Stop.
*** Exit 1