named fails

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Sun Feb 24 05:13:48 UTC 2002

>     Hi,
>
>     I'm getting a "no current owner" failure when named starts. I've seen
> this when the soa is on the first line, but this time it is giving it to me
> about root.hints. I'm not sure where to go with this now. It doesn't seem
> like it could be a syntax error within root.hints.
>
>     Thanks
>     Dan

	Well it would actually help if you posted the contents of your root
	hints.  One common way to generate this error is to indent the whole
	file.  Leading whitespace indicates that the owner name is to be
	inherited from the previous record.  You get this error when there
	is not previous record to inherit from.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org