Windows and Bind

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Fri Feb 8 08:13:30 UTC 2002

Charles Peterson <cpeterson at tha.org> wrote:
> I was want to implement ICS Bind 9 on a windows platform --  will it work on
> the workstation OS

Yes.

(NT or 2000) or does it need to be on the server OS?  I
> know the workstation OS has a 10 concurrent limitation but I think that
> should not matter because BIND is a separate product and users would only
> hits port 53.

> Your insight would be very helpful.

Replacing wintoys with an operating system would make the solution much more
reliable.  Why not try free/net/open BSD ? Cost zero, reliability good,
remote managability excellent, support - well, if you ever should need, the whole
world is there to help You !

--
Peter Håkanson
        IPSec  Sverige      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)