Zone parser in source code?

Justin Scott lists at darktech.org
Fri Feb 8 00:29:10 UTC 2002

Hey all..  perhaps one of the developers can help me out here..

I am in the process of writing a zone parser in ColdFusion for a web
application I am building.  I have a fairly working parser in place, but it
is unable to handle some of the features that can be contained in zone files
(such as records spanning multiple lines, etc).  What I'd like to do is
examine the portion of the BIND source code that actually open a zone file
and reads its contents into memory to help me understand how the process is
actually executed.

I have downloaded the BIND 9.2.0 source code, but I'm having trouble
locating the exact location of the "parser."  Since I don't know C (that's
what it's written in, right?) it makes this even more difficult.  I'm
thinking it has something to do with the "dns_master_loadfile" function, but
when I traced that, it just called a bunch of other functions that I am
unable to locate.

Any assistance in locating the portion of the source code I'm looking for
would be appreciated.

-Justin Scott, Lead Developer
 Sceiron Internet Services, Inc.
 http://www.sceiron.com