Static IP resolving in BIND 8.x

Oliver Neumann oliver.neumann at newidentity.de
Wed Feb 6 11:46:44 UTC 2002

Hi Arjen,

thanks for your answer, I have implemented the zone file now, but I still
have a problem.

Lets imagine having an entry in named.conf like this :

-x-x- named.conf -x-x-

[...]
zone "foobar.com" IN {
        type master;
        notify no;
        file "foobar.com.zone";
};

-x-x- named.conf -x-x-

and I have set up the following zone-file :

-x-x- foobar.com.zone -x-x-
$TTL    3D
@       IN      SOA     foo.foobar.com. root.foo.foobar.com. (
                                      2002020601; Serial
                                      8H        ; Refresh
                                      2H        ; Retry
                                      4W        ; Expire
                                      1D )      ; Minimum
                NS      foo.foobar.com.
                MX      10      foo.foobar.com.

foobar    A       100.100.100.100

foo    CNAME   foobar
-x-x- foobar.com.zone -x-x-

So now foo.foobar.com will be resolved to 100.100.100.100 ... that's clear.
But now imagine there is also an www.foobar.com and this domain should be
resolved via ROOT-DNS-Server. Can I set up the system that way, that every
*.foobar.com subdomain which cannot be resolved within my zone-file, will be
tried via root-servers?

Oliver Neumann

news:a3qu38$2vm at pub3.rc.vix.com...