Help with zone files for .NAME domains

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Fri Feb 1 00:31:44 UTC 2002

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 09:39:12AM -0700, Daniel P. Stasinski wrote:
> I just picked up a .name domain (firstname.lastname.name) and am hoping that
> someone is willing to give some insight as to the correct format for the
> zone files for the domain.   If you have successfully got it all working, I
> would love to see your zone files.
>
> What I have now appears to work, but I am pretty sure it is not the
> "correct" way.

Exactly the same as every other zone.  ;-)

In "named.conf":
zone "stasinski.name"	IN {
	type master;
	file "zone.stasinski";
};

In "zone.stasinski":
$TTL		1w
@		SOA	your.name.server. mooooooo.avenues.org. (
			... )
		NS	your.name.server.	# e.g. ns1.karemor.com.
		MX	your.mail.server.
daniel		A	999.999.999.1
igor		A	999.999.999.2
router		A	999.999.999.254
network		A	999.999.999.0
broadcast	A	999.999.999.255

And the reverse-DNS zones the same way you normally would, as well.

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B