Newbie: Looking for a version of bind. Please help!

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Dec 12 02:36:42 UTC 2002

At 11:32 PM 12/6/02, Bill wrote:

>Hi, all. I'm trying to get started using BIND, and I've heard that
>there were some versions of bind which worked with win98SE, namely
>BIND 4.9.7, but I can't seem to find any binaries of these. Could
>someone kindly point me in the right direction? All other DNS software
>for win98SE is expensive, and BIND is superior anyway :).
>
>Thanks in advance,
>-Bill
There's is noone interested in any of the Win9x O/S's who is likely
to build one. Larry Kahn had one, but I haven't seen a message from
him in a long time. Everyone is moving to the more reliable (a relative
term) NT/2K/XP and the BIND 8 and BIND 9 binaries are available
for those O/S's. Others on this list would advise going to Linux.

Danny