MX records

David Botham dns at botham.net
Tue Dec 10 13:32:38 UTC 2002

Technically, it probably does not *need* and MX RR, however, it is a
good idea to have one for completeness.  Most MTA's will deliver mail to
the A RR if there is no MX RR.  Finding that A RR would require an
additional query.  I would include the MX RR unless I had a *really*
good reason not to...

Thanks,

Dave...