Bind 9.2 data in mySQL?

Skeeve Stevens skeeve at skeeve.org
Mon Dec 9 20:17:58 UTC 2002

I am looking at storing bind data for about 1000 domains in mySQL.

I can do this several ways...

a) data is stored in mySQL and bind can query mySQL db to get answers
b) data is stored in mySQL and then script written to generate flat DNS
files

I don't know if Bind had database support... can anyone enlighten me?

Also, does anyone know of any web based tools to manage DNS data in a
mySQL database.

I thought I would look out there before I wrote my own tools.

...Skeeve

Skeeve Stevens, RHCE     Email: skeeve at skeeve.org
Website: www.skeeve.org  - Telephone: (0414) 753 383
Address: P.O Box 1035, Epping, NSW, 1710, Australia

eIntellego - skeeve at eintellego.net - www.eintellego.net