using slave NS in glue records

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Wed Dec 4 18:53:10 UTC 2002

Ricardo Anguiano <anguiano at codesourcery.com> wrote:

> Will I encounter problems using two slave name servers as the primary
> and secondary name servers (listed in glue records at registrar) for a
> domain?

No. Some folks does this deliberatly ( the common term is "hidden master" )

Any failures with the master ( caused by, lets say, operator error, will
not affect the 2 slaves since they won't reload the "broken" zone, instead they
will keep the currect data until the master is reloaded properly.

> I have performed google searches and looked through the
> comp.protocols.dns.bind FAQ for an answer without success.

Just do it. It's Good !

--
Peter Håkanson