"Hidden" Primary DNS

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 26 17:01:48 UTC 2002

zeremy wrote:

> recursive restriction apply to both secondary servers which comes with
> 512MB of RAM. Bind will be run in a chroot environment on the
> secondary servers running Solaris 8/SPARC... which I'm still looking
> for an accurate bind/chroot howto for solaris 8*anybody?*

BIND 9 chroot is trivial, how much information do you need?

Basically run as a non-root user, and run in a directory with
only the files needed to configure BIND, named.conf, zones
directory, var directory for temporary files, and an rndc.conf.
I have a /dev/random (Linux) in the jail, but I don't believe it
is used for anything important, unless you are running DNSSEC.

You don't seem to be seperating recursive and authoritative
servers in your configuration?