A records or CNAME??

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Apr 30 02:22:28 UTC 2002

What software is doing this double resolution? Usually this
(so-called) authentication method starts with the IP address, reverse-maps it
to a name, and then does a forward lookup to ensure that the name maps to the
IP it started with. Given what you have, this should work. I'm not aware of any
software that does it the other way around. Are you sure you haven't
misdiagnosed the problem?

- Kevin