Forward & Forward only

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Thu Apr 11 17:01:17 UTC 2002

Halo-wings <halo-wings at mailcity.com> wrote:

> I am new to DNS (College Student) but I am trying to set up a DNS
> server on free BSD 4.2 using bind 8.2.X but my question is what do the
> forward and forward only commands mean in the configuration file. If
> anyone could point me a web site that might explain this further
> please send me a link. Thanks Halo-wings

Bind-9 has a excellent manual, have a look at :
http://www.ipsec.nu/dns/bind9/Bv9ARM.html

Look for 6.2.13. options Statement Grammar where forward is described

The book "Managing dns and bind" is considered a reference book,
buy or see if your college library has one.

--
Peter Håkanson
        IPSec  Sverige      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)