Unable to see an Australian.com.au domain

COLIN COMOLLATTI c.comollatti at cqu.edu.au
Tue Sep 25 03:21:21 UTC 2001

G'Day All

I would like to know if my DNS set-up would stop me from seeing a domain or is the site I am trying to see.

What should I be looking for? Any good websites?

I have the book "DNS and BIND" ver3 by Albitz & Liu.

Problem:
I have attempted to send an email to a australiandomain.com.au domain. I can reach this domain from outside my network. But I can not see it from within my network. I am unable to send an email to the company hosting the domain. I am able to see their website.

I have no trouble with any other domains, Australian or World wide.

Attempt:
Attempted to ping, trace and nslookup without success the australiandomain.com.au. I was able to nslookup the hosting site.

Contacted the australiandomain.com.au, from outside, and the email addresses are vaild.
Contacted the hosting site and said they are not blocking my IP range.

Yes, the domain is a registered domainname. Checked using an Australian whois.

Set-up:
Bind 8.2.3
Macintosh PowerPC
Yellow Dog Linux

quoll.net (Based in Australia)

To keep companies happies I have not used their correct domain names. As I said at the it my be my servers.

Thank You for your time

Col

Quoll.net Administator
col at quoll.net