dns tool???

Rahul Parasnis rparasnis at clj.co.jp
Tue Oct 30 01:40:11 UTC 2001

Hello ,

Lot of Mails on this topic are exchanged ,

I tried following tools to manage bind 8
h2n , webmin , quick DNS , DNS Boss .

I struggled for h2n tool , though Andris Kalnozols (andris at hpl.hp.com )
helped me a lot .
Simon Waters gave me some guidance for finding tools .

I could not evaluate checkpoint's MetaIP . Webmin is very good to manage lot
of other  things , it's not very good to manage DNS .
I mean you have to be careful in  changing DNS entries .
for quick DNS I had some problem with Library , I received the library from
support team .
I have read very highly about this tool .

Finally I liked very much is DNS Boss , very nice , supports bind 9 bind 8
as well, you have replication of two Primaries ,
takes only few hours to setup DNS from host file format.  DNS Boss allows
you to use your version of BIND .

I will say quick DNS or  DNS Boss can be good choices .

There are some other tools like Checkpoint Meta IP and CNR from Cisco but
they are expensive .

Best Regards,
- Rahul