Set DNS to redirect? eg: using granitecanyon.com

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Mon Oct 29 18:17:18 UTC 2001

In article <9rhggk$362 at pub3.rc.vix.com>, Goku <goku at socal.rr.com> wrote:
>My question is basically: can granitecanyon or another public dns host
>(free) send me to the actual domain like any other domain. I'm not too
>sure how webhosting sites do that--anyone know?

They configure the A records for all the domains to point to the same
address, and then configure the virtual host setting in the web server to
go to different files depending on the name that was used.  Look for
information on "virtual hosts" or "virtual servers" in your web server's
documentation.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA