serial

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Mon Oct 29 15:28:55 UTC 2001

In article <9rfjnc$qsr at pub3.rc.vix.com>, Mikk <NO_SPAM at tin.it> wrote:
>how can I refresh the serial of my DNS?

See the section of DNS & BIND titled "Starting Over with a New Serial
Number" in the "Maintaining BIND" chapter (it's p.136 in the 3rd edition, I
don't know the page number in the latest edition).  Ignore the part about
serial number 0 being special, as recent versions of BIND have fixed that.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA