.info root servers responding in authority section, not answer section?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Sat Oct 20 00:56:12 UTC 2001

No Barry, the response from the nominum.com server is just a referral, the same
thing you'd get if you queried them for e.g. www.declude.info. Technically the
declude.info NS records aren't *in* the .info zone, so it's valid for .info
servers to return a referral. We're just not used to seeing this behavior, because
of the strange way that the regular GTLD servers handle glue records.

- Kevin