tsig zone transfer problem with 8.2.3 and 8.2.5

Martin Lohner mlohner at akamai.com
Thu Oct 11 23:21:23 UTC 2001

To respond to my own email:

I have by now tested with "dig" as the client replaced with "named", and
there everything behaves as it should. (Not using a key or using the
wrong key on the client side results in no transfer, as it should!)

And the reason why dig succeeds without a key is because TSIG for
transfers is for Authentication purposes, NOT Authorization. (Named is
just being picky when not specifying a key on the client side; it could
just as well succeed, if it doesn't care about authentication.)

  --Martin