ext2fs

Will Yardley william+dns at hq.newdream.net
Thu Oct 4 13:19:29 UTC 2001

just a question; has anyone running bind9 on linux tried other
filesystems than ext2fs ?  one of our nameservers was taking a really
long time to fsck; we're pretty sure it's because of all the small zone
files.  even though the entire /var/named directory is only 60MB it was
taking an hour or two to fsck the machine (now that we've switched named
to a more stable machine and removed /var/named it only takes about 12 -
15 minutes to fsck.

anyone used reiserfs or anything else with good success? does this have
any problems or additional benefits?

GPG Public Key:
http://infinitejazz.net/will/pgp/