how to find out who's propagating wrong IP for my server?

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Fri Nov 30 19:33:34 UTC 2001

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 11:14:55AM -0800, Mark Lin wrote:
> Just called my old ISP.  Everything check out over there on their
> side.  They dont have any record of my domain any more.  Now this is
> getting bizzard.  I dont have anything in my zone file that referes to
> the old ip address. In fact, my zone file doesnt even point to
> external address, it simply points to an internal address and the
> firewall does the NAT.  Anyway has anyway to find out where the root
> server is getting the wrong IP address from?

I missed the beginning of this, but ...

If you originally registered your name server host with a host record
to the NIC, then it is still in the name server for your TLD.  You need
to de-register it with your registrar.

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B