Dynamic Update of DNS Hostname?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Nov 30 18:06:53 UTC 2001

If you use the Dynamic Update protocol (RFC 2136) via some utility like
"nsupdate", then the serial number gets incremented automatically.

But, be aware, once you enable the zone for Dynamic Update, you must do
*all* of your updates through Dynamic Update. Manual zonefile updates and
Dynamic Updates don't mix very well.

- Kevin