Dissecting the source

Greg Strange greg at citizenstrange.com
Fri Nov 30 03:31:59 UTC 2001

I may have subscribed to the wrong list.  If I have, please feel free to set
me on fire.

I have been given a project for an internal application.  We are wanting to
use BIND to do some interesting things with the hosts that are only within
our network.  (It is not physically connected to the outside Net.)  We want
to use some special characters in our host names.  I have downloaded the
source and I have looked through a lot of the header files and I thought
maybe someone here could point me in the general direction of which part of
the source would expose the host name checking.  Basically, I want to allow
for special characters not normally allowed in DNS like chevrons and the
like.

Your help is appreciated.

Greg